The general aviation industry has instituted a myriad of voluntary and regulatory changes to harden the community against threats from terrorism.
- The Airport Watch Program encourages pilots at general aviation airports to report suspicious activity to a toll-free number staffed 24 hours a day by TSA operations staff.
- The aircraft manufacturing and sales community has procedures to report suspicious financial transactions during the purchase or sale of an aircraft.
- The flight-training industry complies with strict government standards that screen non-US citizens seeking flight training in the United States.
- 联邦航空局为飞行员颁发防篡改执照, 飞行教官, 空中交通管制员和维修技术员.
- The nation’s law enforcement agencies cross-check the FAA’s airman and aircraft registries against known terrorist and criminal databases.
- 12磅以上的包机,500 pounds must comply with TSA mandated security procedures similar to those of the scheduled airlines.
- TSA的航空安全咨询委员会, 由政府和行业安全专家组成, develops best practices and recommendations to strengthen security at general aviation airports.
NBAA’s 安全 Council has developed a resource to provide 运营商 with an overview of best practices for business aviation security. NBAA members are urged to review and implement these guidelines to help ensure the best possible security for aircraft both at and away from home base.